Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally picked a bridesmaids dress!

   On Tuesday I had a bit of a day out with my sister. She also happens to be my maitron of honor. Because that I will be having my dresses made for me to save on money we had to pick one rather soon. We planned the day out about a month ago because she is so hard to kidnap for a day.

   I was really expecting it to be harder than it actually was. I'm far to picky trying to decide upon things like that for other people. For starters, I don't know what to think unless I see it on them. I find things that could be problematic for them that may or may not be so. We went to a full service bridal salon because I figured they have more experience than me at this sort of thing and their opinion and suggestions for what would look good would help us greatly.

   We found the dress in about twenty minutes of being there. Jen tried it on and from there we decided the alterations that would have to made to make it our own. Now I'm just hoping that a picture will due justice to how it looked on her so it can be made to our liking.

   I love it when things work out in such a timely manner. That is one more thing I can cross off of my super long list of things to accomplish or decisions to be made. Not to mention, I got a day out with my sister and future brother in law. We even had time to have lunch at a place I've been trying to find for about three years now!

   In the last couple of years I have noticed that Tuesdays are my very best days. If I want things to work out for me I will plan it for a Tuesday and usually it does. If I want things accomplished, it is more likely to happen on a Tuesday. Even the first time he told me he loved me was on a Tuesday. Due to this fact, I asked work to start letting me have off on Tuesdays so that I can go meet with Jen and get things moving on this wedding.

  

1 comment:

  1. Ah-hem...May 11th is a Wednesday.
    I see how you are...I got you on a Sunday...but that is okay. I really am glad that I got to see you and spend a little time with you. It meant alot to me.
    Came in today to Robert being here. He only stayed a short visit. He was on his way to school. He feels the same as you in this situation. Made me smile too.
    I looked at the picture and love the dress. I just can't believe that you actually got Jen in a dress...smiles.

    ReplyDelete